NTIS Bibliographic Database
Free NTIS Bibliographic Database Search Guide
What is the NTIS Bibliographic Database?
Containing over 3.0 million bibliographic records, the NTIS Bibliographic Database is the preeminent resource for accessing the latest research sponsored by the United States and select foreign governments. The Database represents billions of dollars in research. Contents include research reports, computer products, software, video cassettes, audio cassettes and more. The complete electronic file dates back to 1964. On average, NTIS adds
over 30,000 new records per year to the Database. Most records include abstracts.
Access to the NTIS Bibliographic Database is available through:
- Commercial Services (access mediums and pricing will vary). Please contact these organizations directly.
- National Technical Reports Library (NTRL) – Subscription access to the NTIS Bibliographic Database metadata with links to over 600,000 digitized full-text reports.
- Direct Lease from NTIS. Contact the Customer Contact Center at 1-800-553-6847.
Who Should Access the NTIS Bibliographic Database and Why?
Anyone needing timely, in-depth access to government sponsored research will find the Database invaluable! Use the database to:
- Stay alert of the latest government sponsored research
- Access the subject specific information you need when you need it most
- Retrieve information that is difficult to find from any other source
- Identify valuable research reports, computer products, video cassettes, audio cassettes, and software.
Once identified in the NTIS Bibliographic Database, most items are available for purchase directly from NTIS!
Subject coverage includes
- Administration & Management
- Aeronautics & Aerodynamics
- Agriculture & Food
- Astronomy & Astrophysics Energy
- Atmospheric Sciences
- Behavior & Society
- Biomedical Technology & Human Factors Engineering
- Building Industry Technology
- Business & Economics
- Civil Engineering
- Combustion, Engine & Propellant
- Computers, Control & Info Theory
- Detection & Countermeasures
- Environmental Pollution & Control
- Government Inventions for Licensing
- Health Care
- Industrial & Mechanical Engineering
- Library & Information Sciences
- Manufacturing Technology
- Materials Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Medicine & Biology
- Military Sciences
- Missile Technology
- Natural Resources
- Nuclear Science
- Ocean Sciences
- Problem Solving Information
- Space Technology
- Urban & Regional Tech. Development
- And Much More...
This page has links to a PDF file, Adobe Acrobat Reader required.